NSAA Winter Season Guidelines, as of 1/28/2021
January 28, 2021
NSAA Winter Postseason Protocols
January 28, 2021
As the winter regular season draws to a close, the NSAA calls upon member schools to host sub-districts and districts for the NSAA. In most activities, the team with the highest seed earns the right to host these events. In other activities, member schools volunteer to host.
The health and safety of students, staff, and local communities remain the priority of the NSAA.
The NSAA is implementing the following requirements for host schools of all NSAA winter sub-district and district contests:
• Active participants are permitted to wear face coverings during competition, but not required.
• Coaches and non-active participants are required to wear face coverings.
• Spectators are required to wear face coverings at all times.
• Attendance is restricted to 50% of occupancy unless local health departments or host schools are more restrictive.
• The host school may establish additional requirements. Any additional requirements implemented by the host school must be the same for all participants, officials, and spectators.
All participating schools and spectators are expected to adhere to these requirements.
In addition, to advance in the winter postseason a team/individual must participate in their state qualifying contest(s). If an NSAA member school is unable to participate due to COVID-19, sub-district, district final and state championship contests will not be postponed or canceled.
The NSAA has great appreciation for all its member schools and their tireless efforts to provide opportunities for learning and participation in NSAA activities. Communication, flexibility, and patience will be key in supporting our high school student participants as they pursue an NSAA State Championship this winter. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Any questions regarding this information can be directed to Jay Bellar, NSAA Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)